We're excited to announce an open call for photos for Earth Emotions, an upcoming collaborative photo exhibition sharing experiences of the crises we've unleashed in Earth's climate, biodiversity, soils, atmosphere, freshwater, oceans and forests.
Scan the QR Code or click HERE to enter photos.
We're the first generation to feel the impact of these crises, and maybe the last who can do something about them. While that might feel overwhelming, our situation could be a portal to a brighter future. This exhibition aims to inspire change by showcasing local stories and contributing to new narratives about the planetary emergency.
Who can participate?
Earth Emotions is open to New Zealand Te Tau Ihu (Top of the South Island) residents over 13 yrs old, regardless of level of photography experience.
Does it cost anything to enter?
No, it's completely free
How many & what kinds of images can I submit?
You can submit up to 6 images.
They can be realistic, conceptual or abstract.
- Experiences and Emotions - Personal experiences of the planetary crises and how they are affecting you, whānau, friends, community or the living world
- Action and Response - Actions, emotional or spiritual responses to the planetary emergency
- Future Visions - How you imagine the future
What are the camera, processing and image requirements?
- Use any camera type
- All processing methods are welcome. You may use textures, multiple exposures, layers, typography, juxtapositions or other creative elements.
- Images must be submitted as high quality JPEG files with a minimum size of 3 MB
How will the exhibition be curated?
Our curators Ann Wheatley and Emma Jane Hughes will select images from the pool of entries for inclusion in the exhibition. They aim to include as many photographers as possible, and will be in touch by email on or before 15 Mar 2022 if any of your images have been selected.
Where will Earth Emotions be exhibited?
Earth Emotions is hosted by the Nelson Tasman Climate Forum. The exhibition will be presented online at our website, with pop-up versions projected at locations around Nelson-Tasman in April 2022. Other exhibition events or promotions may also be held before or after these dates.
How do I enter?
Click HERE to enter photos, and to view the terms and conditions
- Complete the form
- To enter another image, just return to the entry form
- Submit no more than six images before midnight on 15 Feb 2022. No images can be accepted after that date