Click here to register for your free ticket to our May hui. (Registration is required for catering and COVID tracing purposes).
The Nelson Tasman Climate Forum is a community-led initiative open to everyone. Our mission is to weave individuals, households, civil society organisations, businesses, councils and iwi together around urgent, strategic action on climate change in the Nelson-Tasman region.
We hold face-to-face hui four times each year. These hui are an opportunity to connect, welcome new people into the Forum, share and celebrate progress, action and ideas together.
From 10am - 12pm we will be:
- connecting over morning tea (provided)
- hearing an update on recent activity from our Forum groups
- electing members to our Leadership Group for the coming year
From 12pm - 1pm we will be:
- spending time in our Forum groups, welcoming new members into those groups, and working on our group action plans for this year
- sharing a potluck lunch
From 1pm - 3.30pm you can choose from:
- enjoying flax weaving or eco-dyeing workshops
- planting trees to support local restoration projects
- hanging out at the Moutere Inn
You're welcome to attend the whole hui, or join for as long as you're able to.
If you'd like to stay for the potluck lunch, please bring a small plate of food to share. It doesn't need to be anything fancy - a plate of fruit, crackers, baking, a salad - anything goes!
The hui is open to all so invite your friends, whānau, school mates, work mates, flat mates, and anyone else you know who is interested in joining our kōrero and taking urgent, strategic climate action in Nelson Tasman.
A light morning tea will be provided, so please register for a free ticket so we know numbers for catering purposes.
We'll also do our best to arrange ride-sharing to save transport emissions :-)
Please remember to register for a free ticket here so we know numbers for catering purposes.